Author Topic: JamesESL English Lessons (engVid)  (Read 29 times)

Offline Maus0728

JamesESL English Lessons (engVid)
« on: July 11, 2018, 09:41:04 AM »
Good Day Everyone,
I found a youtube channel that teaches English Language. It might improve your English literacy especially for those people whose native language is not English like me.
JamesESL English Lessons (engVid)

Offline Talk Merit

Re: JamesESL English Lessons (engVid)
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 04:27:42 PM »
You have to be careful with those videos, they tend to be American, and that is a derived subset of English with a lot of inaccuracies. 'insure' rather than 'ensure' for example.

Offline jackg

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 08:38:18 PM »
I agree with Talk Merit on this one. Some of those are quite good as it's written down and he does try to pronounce everything correctly (even if it is correct for america instead of English).

I would say, as someone who knows people who have learnt English and are even living in England, it is blatantly obvious who has learned it from Americans and who has learned it from English people (you learn their accents too when you watch their videos).

As a native English person who watches sitcoms and learnt the pronounciation of words like "Linux" wrong it is better to learn the language from English people.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 08:41:22 PM by jackg »

Offline Maus0728

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 02:34:27 AM »
It's nice reading feedback from you guys, anyways thanks for warning me about these kinds of English Videos. More importantly, I learned some of his lesson which I think is very rewarding for me. ;)