Author Topic: Big and Fat  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Baronets

• Domain investor
  • Global Moderator
  • I invest in .com domain names
    • Baronets
Big and Fat
« on: July 14, 2018, 10:37:54 AM »
I've just bid a dollar on the domain name BigAndFat.com, and I'll have to wait 21 hours to see if it gets transferred to me.  It's got a bit of age, as it has been in continuous refgistration since 2001. I feel it must have some value, and I might even use it myself if I get it. At the moment, I'm sitting in a McDonalds watching a kid eat a pancake that is swamped in corn sysrup, and he is even licking the syrup out of a spare pot. The kid looks quite healthy at the moment, he is about 5, but how long will that last? Another kid of about 10 has just arrived, and he is a fat lump. It's sad to think that the 5 year old will probably end up like that.

Offline Talk Merit

• Meritocrat
  • Administrator
  • Co-owner
    • Talk Merit
Re: Big and Fat
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 12:12:43 PM »
The youtube video of the song by Shawnna is dreadful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLwyKIu1r3Y

Offline jackg

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 02:50:10 PM »
I've just bid a dollar on the domain name BigAndFat.com, and I'll have to wait 21 hours to see if it gets transferred to me.  It's got a bit of age, as it has been in continuous refgistration since 2001. I feel it must have some value, and I might even use it myself if I get it. At the moment, I'm sitting in a McDonalds watching a kid eat a pancake that is swamped in corn sysrup, and he is even licking the syrup out of a spare pot. The kid looks quite healthy at the moment, he is about 5, but how long will that last? Another kid of about 10 has just arrived, and he is a fat lump. It's sad to think that the 5 year old will probably end up like that.

Maybe the pancake is a treat for the 5 year old.
I'm not sure he'll end up like that, although there's quite a lot of people that are fat at the age of 10 (I would have been considered one of those until I grew, usually the body starts to stockpile before it grows so that it has space to expand into and already some skin that it can use in the growth)...

(when I say I was fat, my bmi used to be 23 so probably not that fat but somewhat noticeable)

Offline Talk Merit

• Meritocrat
  • Administrator
  • Co-owner
    • Talk Merit
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 03:35:43 PM »
It's the sugar in the pancake and the syrup, and the gm products in the syrup that are the problem. I don't think the 5-year old thought of it as a treat, because the father had to be mildly threatening to force him to eat it. The kid was probably more sensible than the father.

Offline Baronets

• Domain investor
  • Global Moderator
  • I invest in .com domain names
    • Baronets
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 10:46:22 AM »
Well that will teach me to talk about auction wins before the end of the auction. The registrant renewed the name during the last 20 minutes of the 30 day expiry period, so I didn't get the name.

Offline Jet Cash

• English, not British
  • Administrator
    • Jet Cash
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 12:30:31 PM »
Godaddy values bigandfat.com at $1,150, and reports that Bigandstrong.com sold for $3,500.
https://uk.godaddy.com/domain-value-appraisal/appraisal/?checkAvail=1&tmskey=&domainToCheck=bigandfat.com