Author Topic: New image hosting site for members  (Read 225 times)

Offline Talk Merit

New image hosting site for members
« on: September 16, 2018, 03:53:31 PM »
I've created an image hosting site for members of the Fit to Talk project.
It needs a bit of customising, but when I've done that, you will be able to post your travel pictures, and discuss them here on the boards. When you have joined, you will be part of a group called "fitters". At the moment I've only loaded one image, but this is the gallery index page.
https://mobileimg.com/mypictures/

Let me know what you trhink of the idea.

Offline Talk Merit

Re: New image hosting site for members
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 08:18:59 AM »
I'm grateful to Silent for his picture submission, and for making me realise the possibilities for this site. I'm adding some plugins to the cms, and I'll make a few more enhancements.

I'd be particularly interested in members submitting their travel pictures, especially if they include some descriptive narrative.

Offline Talk Merit

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 08:46:36 AM »
I was hoping to use Google maps in association with picture submissions, but it looks as if you need to pay a licence fee, so that will have to wait for a while.

I enabled the travel map and itinerary plugin, but the link isn't displaying t the moment. Apologies for that, and I'll do a bit more research into it.

There is a language switching package, and I was tempted to enable that, but as we are supposed to be an English education site, I held off until I got some opinions from you guys.

Offline Silent26

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 11:02:57 AM »
There is a language switching package, and I was tempted to enable that, but as we are supposed to be an English education site, I held off until I got some opinions from you guys.
I think it is much better to keep the site's language in English. Some members who will use the site might don't understand some contents but they will be force to speak in English  ;D

There are several related sites and other Educative sites where when non-English speakers are really forced to speak English. Also the possible users of this Image hosting site are from Bitcointalk and Fittotalk so I'm sure that the majority of our future users knew how to speak English even a little or the basics of it.

I've seen that the site now has a comment area (or it's already there since the beginning, I just didn't notice it) and that's great. I'm  willing to collect more images here in my town and let them see and give any expressions about it  ;D

About that Google Maps, so the image taken and uploaded should be located in a Map using Google map am I right? If yes then it would be great, but some users really don't want to reveal their location even their country  ;D