Author Topic: What was your first micro-computer?  (Read 1171 times)

Offline Jet Cash

What was your first micro-computer?
« on: April 15, 2018, 11:28:48 AM »
The first micro-computer that I owned was an 8085 based Superbrain.

The first micro that I worked on was an Adds System70, and that had  an 8080 cpu, and it was built into a desk with 8" floppy disks. We used it as a remote terminal linked to an IBM mainframe. Just for fun, I wrote a limited function operating system for it, and that taught me a lot about interrupt handling and the use of single accumulator processors in micros. Previously I had been a systems programmer for IBM mainframes, and they had 16 accumulators.

Offline Cobalt

Re: What was your first micro-computer?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 02:13:44 AM »
The first micro-computer that I owned was an 8085 based Superbrain.

The first micro that I worked on was an Adds System70, and that had  an 8080 cpu, and it was built into a desk with 8" floppy disks. We used it as a remote terminal linked to an IBM mainframe. Just for fun, I wrote a limited function operating system for it, and that taught me a lot about interrupt handling and the use of single accumulator processors in micros. Previously I had been a systems programmer for IBM mainframes, and they had 16 accumulators.

Wow an intriguing computer I wish I had the chance to learn about obsolete computer.
My first computer was a pentium netbook I just use it to play counter strike and any other low end games (i:e chess titan)
I did nothing to let the computer come to life I just used it to the extent I'm only aware of if only those days would repeat itself tomorrow I promise to greatly utilize it with all my heart. <3
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 02:15:36 AM by Cobalt »

Offline Talk Merit

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 09:18:18 PM »
Well I'm an oldie. The first machine I "programmed" was an IBM 421 tabulator, and that used a plug board rather than a stored program.

Offline NadiaHel

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 07:46:34 PM »
My first micro-computer was a Spectrum 128k. I was 4 at the time, but my father thought me how to program some basics stuff.
I still have this spectrum and enjoy a lot playing Manic Minner.

Offline Jalal ud din

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 07:29:43 PM »
My first computer was Pentium4 .