Author Topic: Need your suggestions/opinions. (Encouraging Pinoys to join Fit to Talk)  (Read 195 times)

Offline Silent26

We got so many members who were suffering from writting English properly in our local board in Bitcointalk (Philippines) and I'm thinking that we should encourage them to join Fit to Talk to somehow help them to improve writting in English. What do you think guys? I'm planning to make a thread about it in our local but I hope that our Local Moderators will not delete it nor lock it. But of course, I will post the thread tomorrow as I need to take some sleep for now for school tomorrow. Anyway, I will wait for some suggestions and opinions about this if ever someone have any :)

Offline Talk Merit

We don't have any restrictions based on country of origin, politics, language, sex, religion or any of tht stuff. The topics are pretty general as well, as long as they are 'family friendly' of course. You can't promote bounties, ICOs, airdrops or any other signature campaigns here, and you can't beg for merits. However, we will work with you to create good posts that may earn you merits in the Bitcoin Talk forum. The posts will have to be crypto or political in nature.

We like to keep a mix of nationalities here, so why not suggest that a few of them join to see how they fit in to the general mix?

Offline jackg

This seems like a good idea, maybe you could pm the phillipines local moderator with what you want to say and see if they will translate it so that more people have access to what you write? Although I guess if you write in English, they won't have an issue with it.

Offline Silent26

I've just sent a PM to our local board's Moderators about the idea and I think it will take some time before I get an answer as they are pretty busy for sure. I will start a thread in our local section once it is granted.

By the way, thanks for supporting the idea and sorry for the late update as I've just got home :)

Offline Silent26

I received a response from one of our Moderators in our local board and I'm afraid that if I create a thread about this, it might just get deleted as he said that if the topic is not a crypto or bitcoin related, it will be deleted. I'm still waiting a response from our other Moderator but I guess he just ignored my PM.

I'm not expecting for this, so since I don't want to cause any trouble in my local board. Maybe I will just look for a member that needs some improvement and send him/her a PM to join some of our discussions here.

Sorry for the result. It's really unexpected.

Offline bisdak40

I doubt if there will be people willing to accept your invitation to register in this forum since there is no monetary incentives if they join here. People who are willing to improve their English talking and writing skills will notice this forum as this was advertised by Jetcash in Bitcoin Talk.

Nice try and no need to be sorry bro  :).

Offline Talk Merit

Thanks for trying.

I think we should just tick over with the members we have got, and wait for others to join if thery want to.

We need to start another thread similar to the one started by Dr Gomez though.

Offline jackg

I received a response from one of our Moderators in our local board and I'm afraid that if I create a thread about this, it might just get deleted as he said that if the topic is not a crypto or bitcoin related, it will be deleted. I'm still waiting a response from our other Moderator but I guess he just ignored my PM.

I'm not expecting for this, so since I don't want to cause any trouble in my local board. Maybe I will just look for a member that needs some improvement and send him/her a PM to join some of our discussions here.

Can you not just post it anyway? If not, write your post and I'll post it as it still might be helpful to someone there so it's useful.

EDIT: Why are a lot of their threads in english - the stickies at least?

EDIT2: I thought stickies looked odd (I spelled it "skickies", I started off with "Skikies" - should really have got more sleep haha ;D )
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 10:32:07 PM by jackg »

seoincorporation

he said that if the topic is not a crypto or bitcoin related, it will be deleted.

Sorry but what a nonsense from moderators... to be honest, this project is focused on making things better to the BT forum. If they can`s see that, well, I can`t understand them.
Whatever, maybe this is time to open another thread on the B&Help board regarding FTT...

Offline Silent26

Can you not just post it anyway? If not, write your post and I'll post it as it still might be helpful to someone there so it's useful.
Do you mean you are going to post it in our local board? That would be a great idea if yes :) So that our Mods will have hesitations to delete it  ;D

Sorry but what a nonsense from moderators... to be honest, this project is focused on making things better to the BT forum. If they can`s see that, well, I can`t understand them.
Whatever, maybe this is time to open another thread on the B&Help board regarding FTT...
It's okay, I respect our Moderators and I can't blame them (actuall I still have no response from our other Mod so I guessed my PM is totally ignored). Also I don't want to cause any trouble in our local board. By the way I agree to open a thread about this in Beginners and Help section.

seoincorporation

Re: Need your suggestions/opinions. (Encouraging Pinoys to join Fit to Talk)
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2018, 05:26:09 PM »

It's okay, I respect our Moderators and I can't blame them (actuall I still have no response from our other Mod so I guessed my PM is totally ignored). Also I don't want to cause any trouble in our local board. By the way I agree to open a thread about this in Beginners and Help section.

Well, to me the lack on interest in projects that actually can help the forum to improve is kind of sad, and I can`t see any harm in creating a related thread in your local. Whatever, probably they have their reasons.

Anyway, the Beginners board has a lot of members from this part of the world, maybe it can be a good alternative approach. Did you created it?

Offline jackg

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2018, 08:17:02 PM »
Do you mean you are going to post it in our local board? That would be a great idea if yes :) So that our Mods will have hesitations to delete it  ;D

I can give it a go, can you pm me what you had in mind to write?

I can't imagine why they'd delete it and he didn't give you a concise answer (and if I only post something once then it's not like they can ban me for it).

Offline Silent26

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2018, 08:51:12 AM »
I can give it a go, can you pm me what you had in mind to write?

I can't imagine why they'd delete it and he didn't give you a concise answer (and if I only post something once then it's not like they can ban me for it).
I've sent you the PM jackg. A lot if thanks for this :)

Well, to me the lack on interest in projects that actually can help the forum to improve is kind of sad, and I can`t see any harm in creating a related thread in your local. Whatever, probably they have their reasons.
Yeah I agree. It's really the saddest part of our local board. We don't even have support from our respected Mods :(

Anyway, the Beginners board has a lot of members from this part of the world, maybe it can be a good alternative approach. Did you created it?
I will work on it sein, but I hope that there's no other discussion about it that has been created before.

Offline Jet Cash

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2018, 01:51:06 PM »
To become a quality poster, everything should start with lesrning to deliver your message properly, and this requires a reasonable skill in writing English. I've noticed that there are several members who still can't write English fluently, and I'm here as your companion to help you improve your English vocabulary and skills. English is not my Native language, but I would be willing to assist anyone as much as I can.

If anyone here is interested in improving their English writing skills, I could give you some help. I've been a Member of this English focused forum Fittotalk.com and it offers some discussions that may help to improve your posting and knowledge of English. Fittotalk.com is a support forum for members of Bitcointalk who are lacking the ability to write English correctly.

There is already a Local board for Filipinos where you can start any discussion you want to, but make sure it is something related to Cryptocurrency, Political issues etc, and it is written in English. Then the members of Fittotalk will try to correct the errors you've made in writing English, such as incorrect grammar, spelling, etc, so that you will be able to pin point your English errors, and you will learn to make a good opening post when you create your next thread thread. We help other members to correct all the mistakes and errors in their posts, and help them to make a good quality post.

Don't be afraid if you're having some difficulty in writing English, you can start a thread in there even though your English is not fluent. We can help you with that. Just make sure that the thread is posted in the appropriate section :).

Also, please take note that you should use your Bitcointalk username when registering in Fittotalk so that we can assist and correct your errors in your post from your Bitcointalk account. And to ensure that you are able to post your corrected post in Bitcointalk without the risk of a plagiarism accusation.

My main objective is to encourage Filipino citizens to become quality posters. I believe that Filipinos are good posters, and just need some improvements. Don't miss this opportunity to help yourself.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 01:59:33 PM by Jet Cash »

Offline jackg

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2018, 02:21:22 PM »
I'm not sure if that's too far from what we started off with, quite a bit of silent26's style has been lost.

I had:
To become a quality poster, everything should start on how to deliver your message properly and this requires a proper knowledge in writing English. I've noticed that there are several members who still can't write in English fluently and I'm here as your companion to help you improve your English vocabulary and skills. English is not my Native language but I would be willing to assist anyone as long as I can.

If anyone here is interested in improving their English writing I could give you some help. I've been a Member of this English focused forum Fittotalk.com and it offers some discussions that may help to improve your posting and knowledge of English. Fittotalk.com is a support forum for members of Bitcointalk who were lacking of ability to write English properly.

There is already a Local board for Filipinos where you can start any discussion you want but make sure it is something related to Cryptocurrency, Political issues etc and is written in English. Then the members of Fittotalk will try to correct the errors you've made in writing English like wrong grammar, spelling, etc so that you will be able to pin point your English errors and you will learn to make it right next time when you create a thread. That's how things work in there, we help other members to correct all the mistakes/errors in their posts to make it a good quality post.

Don't be afraid if you're having a difficulty to write English, you can make a thread in there even though you're English is bad or not fluent. We will help you with that. Just make sure that the thread is posted in the appropriate section :).

Also, please take note that you should use your Bitcointalk username when registering in Fittotalk so that we can assist and correct your errors in your post from your Bitcointalk account. And to make you able to post our corrected posts to Bitcointalk without risking being accused of plagiarism.

My main objective is to encourage Filipino citizens to become quality posters. I believe that Filipinos are good posters and just need some improvements. Don't miss this opportunity to help yourself.