Author Topic: Bitcoin Price Speculation Thread  (Read 27 times)

Online jackg

Bitcoin Price Speculation Thread
« on: August 10, 2018, 03:46:12 PM »
My current predictions is that at some point within the next two months, bitcoin will drop to be 4500 and at that drop, it will then rapidly grow in value and keep growing for between 4-6 months.

My question is: how much do you guys think it will grow (or drop before it does grow) and do you know of anything useful to our community that will make it's value change?

Offline joniboini

Re: Bitcoin Price Speculation Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 10:54:32 AM »
My current predictions is that at some point within the next two months, bitcoin will drop to be 4500 and at that drop, it will then rapidly grow in value and keep growing for between 4-6 months.

My question is: how much do you guys think it will grow (or drop before it does grow) and do you know of anything useful to our community that will make it's value change?

ETF should be the main reason for the pump/dump. Any reason why you think it will grow?

I hope I don't miss the dump, in fact, I was hoping it because I miss it last year :/

Offline Talk Merit

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 11:36:07 AM »
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

The ETF situation is interesting. I think they will postpone approval a few more times. If I remember the last ETF to gain approval was a physical backed copper based one. It is also important to differentiate between ETFs ( Exchange Traded Funds ) and ETNs ( Exchange Traded Notes ). Given the bankers distrust of cryptos, the application by VanEck may be the first one to receive approval. That one is based on the 'physical' ownership of Bitcoin. It may well be that they are manipulating the price to acquire coins at a lower price.

We are certainly in interesting times at the moment, and whilst the long term prospects are very rosy in my opinion, we are in for a bit of a roller coaster on the way.

Offline Jet Cash

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 12:11:39 PM »
Carl from The Moon makes some interesting comments about the spike in Bitcoin shorts in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yQZpipr5n4

Online jackg

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2018, 06:47:29 PM »
ETF should be the main reason for the pump/dump. Any reason why you think it will grow?

I hope I don't miss the dump, in fact, I was hoping it because I miss it last year :/

It generally has to grow at some point and I highly doubt we'll drop below 4000 this year...

If you look at the graphs, it does generally grow after a rapid decline and a cooling off period. Although my ideas are mostly based on instincts and what I've noticed over the past three years so I could be completely wrong.

ETFs are definitely something to watch out for (they'll bump up the price a bit).

I get you about missing the dump. I missed the peak last year at 14k and I actually thought that was how high it would have gone but didn't act on it (I had 1.2 bitcoin at the time so that really hurt when it went back down to 6k).