Author Topic: My audio posts  (Read 532 times)

Offline Talker

My audio posts
« on: April 16, 2018, 10:45:29 AM »
Thank you for creating this board for me.
I intend to post comments about a variety of topics, and then read the post and record it. I will then post a link to the recording so that you can listen to spoken English, as well as read the text.
I'll post a link to the audio file as soon as I have persuaded Talk Merit to allow me to include links.
The first audio file will be MP3 - please post a comment on the suggestion board if you prefer an alternative format.

Play the audio file
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 04:19:54 PM by Talker »

Offline The Pharmacist

Re: My audio posts
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 07:05:17 PM »
Ha ha, I don't know your age, but I took you for a much younger man though I did figure you were from somewhere in Europe.  McD's sounds pretty crowded today.  This is all good stuff here.

Offline NadiaHel

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 09:08:33 PM »
Your voice seems kind of asleep to me, but this is really really useful.
Are you from England? I canīt catch the accent.

Offline Cobalt

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 01:59:11 AM »
It's good only the noises outside are interfering with yours.
Can you cover a creepypasta of your choosing in this variety topic of yours? I'll be looking forward to it.

But I know it needs a consent from the author anyway I hope this podcast will be a fruitful one.

Offline yasmikash

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 05:16:15 PM »
Can you record your voice without any background noise when you do your next recording, because it's disturbance to the hearing

Online Talk Merit

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 07:25:52 PM »
I think the idea was to use the McDonalds music as background, but I think a bit of interference crept in. :)

Offline Fedora

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2018, 08:42:29 PM »
Can you to record reading a text? Maybe is a good idea hear you and read to learn how we should pronounce the words.

Offline Talker

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2018, 09:10:15 AM »
Can you to record reading a text? Maybe is a good idea hear you and read to learn how we should pronounce the words.
Please can you record by reading a post? I think it would be a good idea to be able to read the text, whilst listening to the recording. It would help us with the pronunciation.

This was the original plan, and I need to decide which location I should use as a studio.

Online jackg

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2018, 03:54:38 PM »
Please can you record by reading a post? I think it would be a good idea to be able to read the text, whilst listening to the recording. It would help us with the pronunciation.

This was the original plan, and I need to decide which location I should use as a studio.

If you want to improvise with the reading than I can take up the transcribing part of it if that'll save you a bit of effort.

I was also thinking about if there's a good podcast/radio station we could pick and find a transcript of and the audio to see if there's anything we could use. (Maybe a bitcoin related one, I found a few previously but they all seem to be in American accents which may be less easy to understand than an English one).

Onto the audio file itself. Talk merit, if you could record yourself and the music separately and then use a free software like audacity to blend the two (I don't mind doing this either if you send the two files).
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 03:57:06 PM by jackg »

Online Talk Merit

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2018, 07:09:26 PM »
I'm reluctant to include any off site services. The links to them were the reason that the Bitcoin Talk thread went to pieces.
I'm not a fan of background music. In fact I've had to quit some YouTube videos because of the intrusive noise. I'm sorting out my van at the moment, and I'm planning on going beach hopping over the summer. So you might get seagulls in the background of the next one.

Online jackg

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2018, 08:55:09 PM »
I think you might have missed the sun for today :) - it's only here today and tomorrow (this year)!

Have you got your van fixed then?

Online Talk Merit

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2018, 08:33:29 AM »
Have you got your van fixed then?

I've got 3 at the moment - a Berlingo that I need to scrap, but it's being used as a shed. The Scudo ( with the blown turbo) has become another shed, but I may scrap that as well, and an LDV Convoy hightop - I might turn that into a camper, as it's second only to the Volkswagen as an iconic conversion. I think I'll buy a large diesel estate car to replace the Scudo. They have become unfashionable, and there are some great deals around.

Online jackg

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2018, 11:36:18 PM »
I've got 3 at the moment - a Berlingo that I need to scrap, but it's being used as a shed. The Scudo ( with the blown turbo) has become another shed, but I may scrap that as well, and an LDV Convoy hightop - I might turn that into a camper, as it's second only to the Volkswagen as an iconic conversion. I think I'll buy a large diesel estate car to replace the Scudo. They have become unfashionable, and there are some great deals around.

Not to mention the pollution levels from diesel that makes them much cheaper...
If there's still a use for them instead of a van you may as well keep them (unless you get a nice amount of money for giving them up as scrap)?

Online Talk Merit

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2018, 09:12:08 AM »
Well I don't really want to get into a political discussion , but a well maintained diesel vehicle is less damaging for the environment than an electric or hybrid car. All electric cars do is to export pollution from the cities to the countryside. They scrapped electric trains, and now want to intoduce driverless convoys of electric lorries - this is the madness of current political thinking, and a desire to promote certain global businesses.

Online jackg

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2018, 08:43:16 PM »
My thoughts until: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40198567

More than half of our energy was produced by renewables last year (I think that cites a specific date - but the level was about 52% for the whole of last year overall).