Author Topic: Thesis ruins life :(  (Read 123 times)

Offline Silent26

Thesis ruins life :(
« on: August 17, 2018, 01:37:45 PM »
Haaaays. I wish I could spend more time here in Fittotalk and in Bitcointalk. But thesis really is ruining my life for now  :'(

Offline r1s2g3

Re: Thesis ruins life :(
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 11:17:47 PM »
Haaaays. I wish I could spend more time here in Fittotalk and in Bitcointalk. But thesis really is ruining my life for now  :'(

What is your topic of research?

Online Talk Merit

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 07:16:16 AM »

Don't worry, education is important. We'll still be here when you need to take a break, or you finish your work. Let us know how you get on with your thesis.

Offline Silent26

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 02:27:48 PM »
What is your topic of research?
We are developing (actually it's only me because I'm the programmer in my group) an android app where can be used to cast what ever is in the screen of the PC or laptop. The problem is, we didn't tackled (and we will not I guess) anything related about Java programming in our lessons in school that's why I'm self studying how to use Java in android studio which is a pretty difficult work as I'm also working on other subjects.

The second problem is, I only used a low spec Laptop (this is only what I have) in programming which leads to a lag android studio and slow response from the app.

And too many personal problems like financial, etc. But, my life won't end here. Somehow, I still believe that I can get through all of this soon  :)

Don't worry, education is important. We'll still be here when you need to take a break, or you finish your work. Let us know how you get on with your thesis.
Thanks for that, but don't worry, I guess I will be able to get through with this, it's also for myself that's why I should finish this no matter what. I just can't sleep without any problems these days hehe.

Online Talk Merit

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 02:53:50 PM »
I'm not sure what you are trying to do. Are you trying to send a screen capture to a mobile phone?

Is it something like this site? https://getsharex.com/
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 02:57:40 PM by Talk Merit »

Offline jackg

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 12:20:30 AM »
We are developing (actually it's only me because I'm the programmer in my group) an android app where can be used to cast what ever is in the screen of the PC or laptop. The problem is, we didn't tackled (and we will not I guess) anything related about Java programming in our lessons in school that's why I'm self studying how to use Java in android studio which is a pretty difficult work as I'm also working on other subjects.
There's a udacity course on android studio (I gave up on it a while back though).
Does it have to be an android app? Can it not be a website, also who's doing the computer based part, is that also you?

The second problem is, I only used a low spec Laptop (this is only what I have) in programming which leads to a lag android studio and slow response from the app.
Yeah, I can relate to that. I use low spec computers all the time, hence why I gave up on android studio (I couldn't even launch the emulator because I had 2x512GB intel HD graphics chips which I doubt were even connected to the computer based on how slowly it ran things).

Take care of yourself and your personal issues. We'll await your return (and we can post to the phillipines board at a later date).

Offline Silent26

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 07:19:24 PM »
I'm not sure what you are trying to do. Are you trying to send a screen capture to a mobile phone?

Is it something like this site? https://getsharex.com/

Nope, there are two applications that will be developed. One for Pc as a server and one for android as client. It's an app where what the PC screen shows will also be visible in the android apps. Actually I have found some applications similar to it. One example is this one https://new.spacedesk.ph/spacedesk-homepage
But the difference is we are planning to make a screen casting app with more functionalities which is hard to become reality right now  :'(

There's a udacity course on android studio (I gave up on it a while back though).
Does it have to be an android app? Can it not be a website, also who's doing the computer based part, is that also you?

Luckily, one of my group mate who is actually a programmer were assigned for the task for the Server app which is an PC application.
Actually, I'm hesitating to continue :'(, my laptop makes me feel to give up and switch to a web based project than this one. I'm thinking to start a new project proposal which will be somehow easier, a web based one. Since I have experience in html, css and php it will be easier for sure but still need confirmation from our pannels and will take longer time as we will also start over at making documentations.

Yeah, I can relate to that. I use low spec computers all the time, hence why I gave up on android studio (I couldn't even launch the emulator because I had 2x512GB intel HD graphics chips which I doubt were even connected to the computer based on how slowly it ran things).

That's exactly what I also can't perform in my laptop  :'( It took forever to load the emulator, luckily after searching some tutorials I've found out that I can use an Android phone to emulate the app I'm making. But still, it takes up to 30 minutes before it loads and still got a chance to fail/crash.

Take care of yourself and your personal issues. We'll await your return (and we can post to the phillipines board at a later date).
Thanks for cheering me up guys, sorry for being a dramatic person. I'm just sharing my thoughts as I can't withstand to just keep it in my mind. I really love sharing things but unfortunately don't have any friends to share it  in real life.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 07:27:15 PM by Silent26 »

Offline jackg

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 11:45:30 PM »
Nope, there are two applications that will be developed. One for Pc as a server and one for android as client. It's an app where what the PC screen shows will also be visible in the android apps. Actually I have found some applications similar to it. One example is this one https://new.spacedesk.ph/spacedesk-homepage
But the difference is we are planning to make a screen casting app with more functionalities which is hard to become reality right now  :'(

Luckily, one of my group mate who is actually a programmer were assigned for the task for the Server app which is an PC application.
Actually, I'm hesitating to continue :'(, my laptop makes me feel to give up and switch to a web based project than this one. I'm thinking to start a new project proposal which will be somehow easier, a web based one. Since I have experience in html, css and php it will be easier for sure but still need confirmation from our pannels and will take longer time as we will also start over at making documentations. 
Can you do C# or Python? I think you can use those in visual studio to compile android apps if you're really struggling (however, I have never tried it).

That's exactly what I also can't perform in my laptop  :'( It took forever to load the emulator, luckily after searching some tutorials I've found out that I can use an Android phone to emulate the app I'm making. But still, it takes up to 30 minutes before it loads and still got a chance to fail/crash. Thanks for cheering me up guys, sorry for being a dramatic person. I'm just sharing my thoughts as I can't withstand to just keep it in my mind. I really love sharing things but unfortunately don't have any friends to share it  in real life.
I guess it is slightly easier that you're using two apps as then you don't need to be able to fully listen to certain protocols being used by the router to work out who's listening to a port you want to program from but that seems a horrible project to do, what year are you in (I'm guessing it's university)?
Here and on bitcointalk, we're all a community so share whatever you want with your online friends/acquaintences we're still here to help when we can (unless it's me with android programming because I suck at it ;D).

Offline Helana

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2018, 04:43:14 PM »

Silent26 I absolutely understand you!!!
I delivered my PhD thesis a year ago and yet I have not get my degree. The bureaucracy is so massive, as well as the corruption in my university, that it has become a nightmare to me. Anyway, I hope for you to enjoy the process -for it is all we have left!!!

Best of luck and patience!!