Author Topic: The amount of gold the UK has seems quite small  (Read 639 times)

Offline jackg

The amount of gold the UK has seems quite small
« on: August 21, 2018, 12:15:00 AM »
According to the below video, we only store 197 000 000 000 worth of gold for the entire country.

In a world where the internet is used so much, could a greater amount of this gold be used for storing currency and transmitting it?

My bank currently gives me ~1.5% interest, if the value of gold is very stable and at 2.5% inflation, I would make more interest by converting everything to gold (not sure where I'd store it though, maybe a hole somewhere).

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTtf5s2HFkA
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 08:24:08 PM by jackg »

Offline Talk Merit

Re: The amount of gold the UK has seems quite small
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 07:40:22 AM »
Well George Brown sold most of our gold. This was part of the asset stripping initiative of the Oxford/Eton based deep state. In fact, a lot of the gold we are storing doesn't belong to Britain, and was entrusted to us to avoid it being stolen by the Nazis. What a mistake that was, they've got it anyway, they just used the banks and the EU to get it. Much less effort and risk that having to send in tanks and battleships. There is a move around the world to recover the gold that was moved for "safe keeping", and it doesn't look as if many countries are going to get it back at the moment.

There isn't enough gold to go around, so physical gold couldn't be used for bank savings deposits ( anyway they want to keep any they get for themselves ). I think that there is around 100 times as much gold sold in paper transaction than exists in the entire world. Silver is not much better either.

Offline jackg

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 12:29:57 PM »
Well George Brown sold most of our gold. This was part of the asset stripping initiative of the Oxford/Eton based deep state. In fact, a lot of the gold we are storing doesn't belong to Britain, and was entrusted to us to avoid it being stolen by the Nazis. What a mistake that was, they've got it anyway, they just used the banks and the EU to get it. Much less effort and risk that having to send in tanks and battleships. There is a move around the world to recover the gold that was moved for "safe keeping", and it doesn't look as if many countries are going to get it back at the moment.
Who is making this movement, the EU or someone else?

There isn't enough gold to go around, so physical gold couldn't be used for bank savings deposits ( anyway they want to keep any they get for themselves ). I think that there is around 100 times as much gold sold in paper transaction than exists in the entire world. Silver is not much better either.

Only about 5% of the money in the uk actually physically exists. Everything else is just a number on a balancesheet with a bank/the bank of England. It's a really unsustainable policy which has lead to at least one banking crisis (2008).

Offline jackg

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 08:24:30 PM »
Why did no one tell me I forgot to add the video?

It's up now anyway.