Author Topic: More posts  (Read 253 times)

Online Talk Merit

More posts
« on: April 20, 2018, 06:35:38 PM »
I think you should make more audio posts.

Offline NadiaHel

Re: More posts
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 06:24:11 PM »
Agree.
I also think maybe different kind of English-speakers can be amazing. For instance, I educated myself in British, so when I heard someone from Texas speaking I can understand nothing.

Online Talk Merit

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 07:24:04 PM »
There isn't a British accent, Scots, Welsh, Irish and English are different. Even English accents differ. There is quite a difference between Cockney, Cornish, North Country, Received, Surrey and several others.

Offline NadiaHel

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 12:33:14 AM »
Indeed, I lived in London for a few months more than ten years ago. My roommates were from Ireland -North Ireland, and even when I used to show off that my English comprehension was pretty accurate, with them I discovered how wrong I was.
I`m also from the south of Spain, and the way we speak is so different that sometimes my -for instance- Madrilians friends get into trouble when trying to understand us.
Sorry for generalize, I didn`t mean that.

Online Talk Merit

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 10:25:30 AM »
I'll make a few more audio posts later this week. The weather is great at the moment, and I've gone completely mobile to take advantage of it. Making audio recordings in McD doesn't seem to work because of the background music and other noises. I'm going to visit a friend alter in the week, and she lives in a big house in the middle of private woodland. That's probably a great place to make the recordings, although the internet connection is complete rubbish, even when I try to tether through the mobile.