Author Topic: I really find english language too complicated.  (Read 184 times)

Offline darklus123

I really find english language too complicated.
« on: September 12, 2018, 07:25:00 AM »
Tho, I've studied english. I still find myself really dumb with it.

I just can't explain why does english is so complicated to someones perspective like mine.

Offline Talk Merit

Re: I really find english language too complicated.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 02:45:17 PM »
Although I have studied English, I still consider myself to be dumb.
I don't understand why English is so complicated, especially for someone with my perspective.

English is the language of the English, and it evolved from many other languages. The Latin origins come from the Roman occupation, and some of the word uses have historic origins. For example the Norman invasion introduced new words to describe food. The Normans were the only people who could afford to eat meat, so words like beef, pork, ham, veal and mutton came from the old French. Words related to animal husbandry came from the language of the Saxon serfs.

Offline Silent26

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 04:43:50 AM »
Don't get so down with yourself buddy, actually although I can speak and write English a little fluently, there's still some English words that I didn't know and can't spell correctly. Like myself, I've been studying English almost all my life at school but I still can't manage to write English perfectly. But then I realised that it's just fine if you can't write English perfectly or correctly, as long as you can understand English and you can deliver your thoughts correctly even though by just using the very basic words then it should be fine because as far as you read and you understand, you'll be able to learn more and more until the day you realise how good at English you are.

Offline gawer33

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 10:26:08 AM »
based on my experience the best way to learn English is through practice. watching movies or reading books will only enhance your understanding but expressing, talking or writing is different. when I was little I had no trouble reading complex stories or books. but when I had my 1st job overseas I had struggle talking to customers.

Offline Talk Merit

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 10:46:55 AM »
I'm sorry I haven't done anything about the voice files here. Windows messed up my installation of Audacity, and I couldn't be bothered to try to fix it, as I plan to junk Windows. I'll order a new SSD today, and switch the hard drive on this machine. I can load Ubuntu Studio, and that includes a pre-installed version of Audacity. Not that Audacity is difficult to install, but having it as part of the basic package can preset a few options that I might miss.

Offline manfredmann

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 04:26:17 PM »
I have tried google translate but when I checked after google translating a paragraph for me, it does not seem too good. The idea was being twisted a little and for that I would not recommend everyone to use it especially if one does not have enough knowledge in English. However, for some people who have enough knowledge in English could do something about the google translation and modify it for the betterment of the post.

So here it goes buddy we should have to study more and let's go back to basic on the correct way of constructing English grammar.

Offline jackg

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 07:23:09 PM »
~

This is true, there are words me and Jet Cash can't spall either and we've been living in English speaking countries all of our lives (I'm still in an English speaking country Jet before you comment here :D).

I have tried google translate but when I checked after google translating a paragraph for me, it does not seem too good. The idea was being twisted a little and for that I would not recommend everyone to use it especially if one does not have enough knowledge in English. However, for some people who have enough knowledge in English could do something about the google translation and modify it for the betterment of the post.

I think a good idea with this is to take your google translated post and post it here for us to see and comment on as to how the grammar sounds...
If you can right enough English that we can deduce what you mean from it then go with that though, but if there's a word you want to use to describe something, either keep it in your native language and add [language name] after it in square brackets so we know what language it needs translating from or try to copy a loose translation of the word.

Google Translate is good for single words, if you try to translate multiple sentences at a time then that's where you run into issues and it'll be good for you to know some English already and not just heavily relying on google translate to save you ever time... Once you've translated your post from google translate and we have corrected/edited it then you're free to post it on bitcointalk or wherever you'd like (provided you cite that you posted it from here in small print just so you don't get done for plagiarism)...

Offline Talk Merit

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2018, 09:40:33 AM »
The Americans are great "spallers" it comes from working on the chain gangs, although I suspect there isn't so much rock breaking done these days. :)

My problem is "fat fingers", and trying to "type" on a mobile phone. I'm also starting to become influenced by international varieties ofspelling.

Offline mhd-bobbi

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2018, 07:34:20 AM »
Tho, I've studied english. I still find myself really dumb with it.

I just can't explain why does english is so complicated to someones perspective like mine.
It is not difficult, it all depends on you to master learning English, because I am also a beginner learning English, so let's discuss it together so that we are not mistaken in conveying English.