Author Topic: Don't drink and drive.  (Read 708 times)

Offline Talk Merit

Don't drink and drive.
« on: April 21, 2018, 06:14:53 PM »
This is a picture that I took in the supermarket car park last night. It looks as if the guy was rushing to grab the late night bargains after an evening in the pub.
Supermarket car crash

Offline NadiaHel

Re: Don't drink and drive.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 07:59:47 PM »
 :-\
So common. Did you get more information? Is that guy ok?
What are the policy's in your country about drunken drivers?

Offline Talk Merit

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 08:57:19 PM »
:-\
So common. Did you get more information? Is that guy ok?
What are the policy's in your country about drunken drivers?

I think he left in a 4x4 with some friends, so he won't have been caught. Also, if he went intothe supermarket, and bought an alcoholic drink, and dranks some of it, the police wouldn't be able totest him and prove that he was drunk.

The penalties can be quite severe. One media person was fined over 70,000 recently if I remember correctly, and you get a driving ban. You can also be sent to prison if someone is injured or killed.

Offline NadiaHel

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 03:45:31 AM »
Same in my own country. If you are driving under the effects of alcoholics drinks and you get caught (obviously) you will be directly carried into the police station. But, of course, this dude maybe never get caught for he ran as a rat.
In other countries I`ve lived, you can drive with your beer in the hand, you just need to have some cash with you in case the police stops you. Just by a few dollars, you can get away with anything.

Offline drgomez89

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 05:13:24 AM »
Dam when i finished my studies my students of general medicine and I went to a lagoon i got wasted and tried to drive to my house 30 km away.. a police man took me to jail for 12 hour ... at that time i was angry because he stop me.. but when i think about it... he probably save my life.. in my country the police take your driver license for a whole year when they caught you drunk