Author Topic: What is a drupe?  (Read 358 times)

Offline Talk Merit

What is a drupe?
« on: October 09, 2018, 09:20:27 AM »
A drupe is a fruit with an outer fleshy coating surrounding a hard shell, and it usually has a single kernel ( seed ) inside. Examples are coconuts, walnuts and olives.

Drupes are a valuable part of a healthy diet, and help with anti-aging. Coconut oil is particularly good as a cooking oil, as it does not break down at cooking temperatures.

Offline Helana

Re: What is a drupe?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 11:10:51 AM »

Drupes are a valuable part of a healthy diet, and help with anti-aging. Coconut oil is particularly good as a cooking oil, as it does not break down at cooking temperatures.

I use coconut oil for everything, from my skin to my cooking and salads. This is awesome how that has changed my own skin and how cheap it becomes when you give-up to all the beauty products and use coconut oil instead. Also, it protects you from the bad sun rays...

Offline khatarnak

Re: What is a drupe?
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 11:17:15 AM »
afaik iran is the biggest Producer of drupes in the world including : peach (persian : hulu ) , Plum  (aloo) ,
Date palm ( persian : khorma) ,  Armenian plum (persian : zard-aloo) (zard = yellow) , pistachio (peste) . these are fruits i I remember.