Author Topic: 1 oz Rhodium Tuvalu South Sea Dragon Coin  (Read 69 times)

Offline English

1 oz Rhodium Tuvalu South Sea Dragon Coin
« on: October 16, 2018, 04:14:40 PM »
Baird & Co., Britainís only gold refinery has launched the world's first legal tender coin made of rhodium: the Tuvaluan $100 Coin.
https://online.kitco.com/buy/31034/1-oz-Rhodium-Tuvalu-South-Sea-Dragon-Coin-999-31034

Tuvalu used to be called the Ellice Islands, and it is located in the Pacific Ocean. It became famous when it gained approval for the .TV extension asits country TLD. Now it has another claim to fame as the first country to accept a rhodium coin as legal tender.

Rhodium (Rh) is an extremely rare silvery white metal, and is a member of the platinum family. It is a noble metal, and this means it is resistant to chemicals and acid, and does not corrode easily.

Offline YOSHIE

Re: 1 oz Rhodium Tuvalu South Sea Dragon Coin
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 05:10:25 AM »
I just heard about this news Tuvalu, maybe this is a great step in the world of bitcoin and coin for the future, hopefully for the future of coin and bitcoin can be like precious metals can be traded on international markets around the world, this is very interesting for melearn and research about further news.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 08:03:00 AM by Talk Merit »

Online Talk Merit

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 08:12:11 AM »
I have just heard this news about Tuvalu. Maybe this is a great step in the world of bitcoin and coin for the future. Hopefully for the future of coin and bitcoin, they can be like precious metals and can be traded on international markets around the world. This is very interesting for me to learn and look for  further news.

I suspect the initiative for this came from Baird & Co, but Tuvalu does seem to be interested in creating some new sources of revenue for the country. I'm surprised that they haven't introduced their own crypto, but maybe that is to come in the not too distant future.

Offline English

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 09:38:59 AM »
I've just checked the price of the 1oz coin, and todays quote is $2,590.00 or $2616.16 if you pay with Bitcoin,