Author Topic: Like to share my thought  (Read 82 times)

Offline r1s2g3

Like to share my thought
« on: October 28, 2018, 03:08:10 AM »
Hi Friends.

I just got my rank change and I thought to share some tips/experience with you.

1. In general, bitcointalk is very vast forum with so much content in it, you will be lost into it, So it will be important whenever you are reading on that forum, bookmark the good content/post immediately. Might be after 1  week you might not be able to find that content that is now probably buried in the spam.

2. Do not reply in any thread that look spam. Do not reply if you do not have anything to add on the previous replies. Repetition will not benefit anybody (neither you nor OP). You are supposed to read all the replies and OP before replying to OP. 

3. Whatever is your background or status, calling anybody "Sir" is not required so do not do it.

4. If you are creating a new thread there, just make sure that there is no duplicate thread exist. Checking and verifying your facts is also very important. Do not create thread/post  that is based on "you think so".

5. Never Copy paste anybody there/or from any external source. If you do so then properly reference it otherwise you will be permanently  banned for plagiarism.

6.Do not create topics/post that just have copied content from external site with a link of that external site. These type of post are considered low value post and eventually deleted. If you have question, then ask your question and provide the link from where you read. same applies while replying too.

7. Always read your post before posting and after posting to check for possible spelling mistakes, sentence ambiguity etc.
   In short , proofread twice.

There is old adage the "knowledge is greater than wealth"  so work for knowledge.

Actually , I find the below comment very accurate.

(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5057502.msg47288713#msg47288713)
Congrats!
Everyone can rank up, but if you wrongly prioritize your goals, it may never happen.
People putting their priorities in the following order fail.
1. Get Merit
2. Rank up
3. Get more money.
4. Go to 1.

The right priorities are :

1. Be curious
2. Start reading
3. Learn
4. Be part of the community
5. Do something to help the others

The result will be exactly what the the guys from the first list are aiming for.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 03:15:17 AM by r1s2g3 »

Online Talk Merit

Re: Like to share my thought
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 08:42:14 AM »
If you have a few domains, then getting to member rank is handy, as you can add some links to your sig. Other tan that, acquiring knowledge, and community participation, are the greatest advantages to membership of Bitcoin Talk.

Online Helana

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 09:06:01 PM »
Eyyyy!!! I've read your thread on the BT and, Congrats!!

I absolutely agree with both your words and Iasenko's. Honestly, I've been quite apart from the BT forum, it has been quite boring lately, especially since the last changes. Whatever, I'm glad to see deserving people actually ranking-up. ;) ;) ;)

And I will try to follow the 7th rule, for I always forget to read twice and, once published, I see too many mistakes, so I always edit my own quotes or posts.

Offline khatarnak

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 03:12:51 PM »
Congratulations for rank up  ;D

Offline r1s2g3

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 02:42:40 PM »
And I will try to follow the 7th rule, for I always forget to read twice and, once published, I see too many mistakes, so I always edit my own quotes or posts.

Actually 7th rule is my personal experience. In draft I check and remove all spelling mistakes but after posting, sometime it feels that some sentences need restructuring so that they mean same what I intend to convey instead of different interpretation by different people.

Online Helana

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 08:51:56 AM »
Actually 7th rule is my personal experience. In draft I check and remove all spelling mistakes but after posting, sometime it feels that some sentences need restructuring so that they mean same what I intend to convey instead of different interpretation by different people.

Yes, you're right. I am an impatient girl and my tendency is to click post before reviewing. Once I realized the mistakes, I always edit my post. But, after reading this, I've been trying to control myself (jeje) and to read well before even posting.
Anyway, congrats for ranking-up and also for this useful piece of advice.

Online CryptopreneurBrainboss

« Reply #6 on: Today at 06:39:12 PM »
You gave some good advice above, it feels good after reading an advice, you realizes actually you practice most of the read advice. Thanks for making out time writing the above advice.
Also congratulations on your ranking up on Bitcointalk forum, you deserve it.
« Last Edit: Today at 06:40:59 PM by CryptopreneurBrainboss »