Author Topic: Shall we write a common history?  (Read 438 times)

Offline NadiaHel

Shall we write a common history?
« on: April 24, 2018, 09:49:09 PM »
I can start and then you will follow with another phrase... and see what happens:

A long time ago, in a ...

Offline Fedora

Re: Shall we write a common history?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 07:02:52 PM »
A long time ago, in a far place, a young woman found a little cat...

Offline yazher

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 06:45:01 AM »
A long time ago, in a far place, a young woman found a little cat, the little cat was white and she called it fixy.

Offline Fedora

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 08:38:38 PM »
A long time ago, in a far place, a young woman found a little cat, the little cat was white and she called it fixy. She was really glad but she not knows the plans of fixy. It is planning dominate the world.

Offline jackg

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 03:48:47 PM »
I'll offer a few corrections here.

A long time ago, in a far place, a young woman found a little cat, the little cat was white and she called it fixy.

The name Fixy has a capital F because it is a name of the cat. The first letter of the name of any animal is capitalised. The word cat does not have the first letter capitalised as that isn't a specific animal name it is the name of a species.

A long time ago, in a far place, a young woman found a little cat, the little cat was white and she called it Fixy. She was really glad but she not knows did not know the plans of Fixy. It is She is planning to dominate the world.

Offline Fedora

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 08:06:36 PM »
A long time ago, in a far place, a young woman found a little cat, the little cat was white and she called it Fixy. She was really glad but she not knows did not know the plans of Fixy. It is She is planning to dominate the world.
Why "she"? The cat is who planning to dominate the world, not the young woman.

Offline Talk Merit

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 08:30:57 PM »
Why "she"? The cat is who planning to dominate the world, not the young woman.

I think it becomes slightly ambiguous when you start a new sentence. I think I would have said ' Fixy is planning to dominate the world '
That removes the ambiguity.

Offline Fedora

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 09:51:14 PM »
I understand. Thank you.

seoincorporation

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 02:37:43 PM »
A long time ago, in a far place, a young woman found a little cat, the little cat was white and she called it Fixy. She was really glad but she did not know the plans of Fixy: to dominate the world.
( I think this is the best solution).
I continue...

A long time ago, in a far place, a young woman found a little cat, the little cat was white and she called it Fixy. She was really glad but she did not know the plans of Fixy: to dominate the world. Yes. Fixy wasn't even a cat, but an alien from...

Offline r1s2g3

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2018, 02:02:38 AM »
A long time ago, in a far place, a young woman found a little cat, the little cat was white and she called it Fixy. She was really glad but she did not know the plans of Fixy: to dominate the world. Yes. Fixy wasn't even a cat, but an alien from distant part of the galaxy. It is interesting story how the Fixy ..

Offline drgomez89

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2018, 07:05:25 AM »
A long time ago, in a far place, a young woman found a little cat, the little cat was white and she called it Fixy. She was really glad but she did not know the plans of Fixy: to dominate the world. Yes. Fixy wasn't even a cat, but an alien from distant part of the galaxy. It is interesting story how the Fixy's alien race choose the cat disguise. They were looking for the most vicious pet that the naive humans used to accept more easily in their 

Hey can i join :p this seems fun

Offline r1s2g3

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2018, 02:51:59 PM »
A long time ago, in a far place, a young woman found a little cat, the little cat was white and she called it Fixy. She was really glad but she did not know the plans of Fixy: to dominate the world. Yes. Fixy wasn't even a cat, but an alien from distant part of the galaxy. It is interesting story how the Fixy's alien race choose the cat disguise. They were looking for the most vicious pet that the naive humans used to accept more easily in their  life. The proximity they get as a pet is really ideal ..

Offline jackg

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2018, 06:09:50 PM »
A long time ago, in a far place, a young woman found a little cat, the little cat was white and she called it Fixy. She was really glad but she did not know the plans of Fixy: to dominate the world. Yes. Fixy wasn't even a cat, but an alien from distant part of the galaxy. It is interesting story how Fixy's alien race choose the cat disguise. They were looking for the most vicious pet that the naive humans used to accept more easily in their  life. The proximity they get as a pet is really ideal ..

Can I ammend a little bit?
A long time ago, in a far place, a young woman found a little cat, the little cat was white and she called it Fixy. She was really glad but she did not know the plans of Fixy: to dominate the world. Yes. Fixy wasn't even a cat, but an alien from distant part of the galaxy. It is interesting story how the Fixy's alien race choose the cat disguise. They were looking for the most vicious pet that the naive humans used to accept more easily in their  life. The proximity they get as a pet is really ideal ..

I'm not entirely sure if 'priximity' fits so well but I'm going to leave it to see what anyone writes.

If that word is daunting to anyone, it just means what they are close too or their location ref

Offline r1s2g3

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2018, 11:13:37 PM »
Can I ammend a little bit?
I'm not entirely sure if 'priximity' fits so well but I'm going to leave it to see what anyone writes.

If that word is daunting to anyone, it just means what they are close too or their location ref

Then we can replace with simple word "closeness" . Actually I first thought about word "intimacy" but then I settled for proximity.

Offline jackg

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2018, 07:34:19 PM »
Then we can replace with simple word "closeness" . Actually I first thought about word "intimacy" but then I settled for proximity.

Yes I think closeness is a bit better, proximity isn't really a way to suggest intimacy/closeness it's more just the exact distance something is (and cats move - normally anyway).

So going from here:
A long time ago, in a far place, a young woman found a little cat, the little cat was white and she called it Fixy. She was really glad but she did not know the plans of Fixy: to dominate the world. Yes. Fixy wasn't even a cat, but an alien from distant part of the galaxy. It is interesting story how the Fixy's alien race choose the cat disguise. They were looking for the most vicious pet that the naive humans used to accept more easily in their  life. The closeness they get as a pet is really ideal ..