Author Topic: The Brave browser and Basic Attention Tokens.  (Read 42 times)

Offline Talk Merit

The Brave browser and Basic Attention Tokens.
« on: December 02, 2018, 03:57:33 PM »
I've just registered Fit to Talk as a publisher with the Brave browser. This means that we can earn BAT in two ways. You can download the brave browser by using this link - https://brave.com/fit185
We get some BAT if you use the browser for 30 days. You will also be given some spendable BAT when you sign up, you can't exchange this for cash, but you can give it to your favourite site ( that's us I hope). All of this is free.

The brave browser seems to be fast, and it preserves your privacy, and lets you block many advertisements. I'll let you guys know how I get on with it, as I've only just downloaded it.

Offline Jet Cash

Re: The Brave browser and Basic Attention Tokens.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 03:59:54 PM »
Well it doesn't seem to be blocking the ads on this site.
 Maybe I'll have to check the settings. At the moment it's straight out of the box.

OK - it must be doing something, because I never ( well hardly ever ) have to complete a captcha with Firefox or Chrome, but Brave checks me every time I log in.

I've added a small brave banner after the last post - let me know if you find this annoying, and I'll move it.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 04:33:12 PM by Talk Merit »

Offline Jet Cash

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 08:38:22 AM »
I'm starting to feel comfortable with the Brave browser, and I'm posting this through a Tor window. It seems to be a bit faster and cleaner than Firefox or Chrome. The only problem I've found so far is that you can't set the default language to English, you have to live with American, but maybe I haven't found all the options yet. [edit - I've fixed this, you just add United Kingdom English as a language, and then you can use it for spell checking.]

I did have to complete two picture captchas to access Bitcoin Talk though, and normally I can just go straight into the forum.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 10:26:53 AM by Jet Cash »

Online jackg

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 11:42:38 PM »
I'm starting to feel comfortable with the Brave browser, and I'm posting this through a Tor window. It seems to be a bit faster and cleaner than Firefox or Chrome. The only problem I've found so far is that you can't set the default language to English, you have to live with American, but maybe I haven't found all the options yet. [edit - I've fixed this, you just add United Kingdom English as a language, and then you can use it for spell checking.]

I did have to complete two picture captchas to access Bitcoin Talk though, and normally I can just go straight into the forum.

1. I thought you said you weren't selling your passwords to the brave browser ;).
2. Ah yes, the cloudflare bitch giving you hassle again... She does it all the time. At least you don't need javascript for it though... They should really get a hashcoins equivelant though.

Offline Jet Cash

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 12:11:35 PM »
I'm not sure why you feel they will be stealing passwords. Microsoft uses cortana to collect those, and Google, Ebay and Amazon are amongst the other sites with apps to harvest passwords and personal information. The Brave browser goes some way to blocking this, and it even has an inbuilt Tor browsing facility.