Author Topic: Don't be afraid to post here because of your English  (Read 100 times)

Online Talk Merit

Don't be afraid to post here because of your English
« on: July 14, 2018, 04:19:25 PM »
We seem to have a lot of new members joining, and they are all welcome. However, only a few of them seem to be posting. I wonder if they are concerned about their English, and the possibility of being criticised. Posting here isn't the same as posting on the Bitcoin Talk English boards.  On Bitcoin Talk, the use of a badly structured sentence, or the misuse of English words can lead to criticism by senior members. This forum has been created to help you with your posting, and to build posts that will avoid adverse comments.

We can't help you if you don't post anything. So dive in and we'll provide the life jackets and the water wings.

Offline jackg

Re: Don't be afraid to post here because of your English
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 04:07:31 PM »
This is true.

You don't need to care about things like word order (we can fix that really easily), as long as you can post something that loosly resembles English (me and Jet Cash, who are native English should be able to pick up on what you are saying and add some improvements where necessary). We get some users that don't have much confidence in their posting here and also don't make very little mistakes in their writing (or even no mistakes) so just take the dive and we'll offer you help.

If you had a post on bitcointalk that was criticised or you want to be checked then send a pm to me (with your post as a quote) and I'll see if I can offer an inprovement on it which you can then use to re-edit your post on bitcointalk.

If you haven't posted that post yet then you can post the information publicly on the appropriate board here and we will get on to offer you the improvements to it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 04:09:15 PM by jackg »