Author Topic: Use the Brave browser to earn BAT.  (Read 75 times)

Offline Jet Cash

Use the Brave browser to earn BAT.
« on: December 31, 2018, 10:08:59 AM »
The Brave browser is yet another browser based on the old Chromium project. It has enhanced privacy, and even has a Tor window with Duck Duck Go as the default search engine. It seems to be faster, and blocks many of the annoying ads. These advantages are sufficient to give it a try in my opinion. However, there is another great option build into the concept.  You have the potential to reward your favourite site owners with BAT ( Basic Attention Tokens), and this is type of support is going to become more important as platforms like YouTube remove monetisation. If you are a content producer, or a web site owner, then gaining approval of the Brave rewards programme can provide you with a useful income supplement.

Fit to Talk English is an approved site, and you can help us by using this link to download the Brave browser - https://brave.com/fit185

Offline Jet Cash

Re: Use the Brave browser to earn BAT.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 03:10:16 PM »
I had a bit of a hiccup with collecting tokens via the Brave browser. I still think it is a great project, so I thought I would post this tip to help anyone become verified.

To become verified you have to submit a couple of images, and I kept getting the message that I was submitting an invalid file type.  In fact I was submitting jpgs, and those are valid. The problem turned out to be the fact that I had shields enabled, and this was blocking the upload. Turning it off just for the Uphold site solved the problem completely. The good news about this is that obviously the browser protection that is part of Brave is working well, and is under your control. To access the option settings, you just click on the brave image to the right of the address bar.