Author Topic: What is the real market value of Bitcoin  (Read 156 times)

Offline Jet Cash

What is the real market value of Bitcoin
« on: March 07, 2019, 11:21:45 AM »
I watch a lot of videos about trading and speculating in Bitcoin. It seems that almost all of the transactions are speculations, whale manipulations, and wash trading. The "real use" transactions seem to be in a minority. For example, the use of Bitcoin in Venezuela for daily transaction has increased exponentially over the last few months, but the transactions seem to be made locally, and not through the major exchanges. Similarly, the sale of Bitcoin by miners is done by private sale to large investors.

My feeling is that if the total use of Bitcoin was considered when setting the market price, then the price would be a lot higher than the current levels.

Offline Helana

Re: What is the real market value of Bitcoin
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 05:31:54 PM »
Can it be the opposite, actually? I mean, I don't know at what price are Venezuelans exchanging BTC, but maybe it is used in a lower price than the "official" one, which, as seen, seems to be nothing but speculation.
I've been quite off from the bitcoin news lately, as you well know jaja. Do you know at what price are Venezuelans trading?

Offline Jet Cash

Re: What is the real market value of Bitcoin
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 07:03:29 PM »
I'm having difficulty in finding out any credible news about Venezuela. It does seem that Bitcoin use has increased significantly, and it seems to be traded through local Bitcoins. Of course the power outage cut that back considerably.