Author Topic: I've just enabled avatars  (Read 282 times)

Offline Rhinoboy11

Re: I've just enabled avatars
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2018, 06:53:56 PM »
Hi and welcome BitPro,
Both Fit to Talk and Bitcoin Talk use SMF, so there will be a lot of similarities. Theymos has customised BT quite a lot, so this forum will have a lot of the features missing. I didn't enable signatures, because this isn't a commercial site. It has a couple of adverts , and they may help to cover the cost of the domain registration and hosting, but there isn't really any commercial benefit from  membership.

I felt that quite a few members of BT were holding themselves back from posting, because they were being attacked for their poor English language skills. We don't have any of that here, in fact members are expected to be challenged by English language posting. I hope that by taking part in conversations here, they will improve their English skills, and this will help them to move up through the ranks in the Bitcoin Talk forum.

Sorry i gave you a +Karma but thought its possible to give more than one as i felt this reply explained why you formed this and needed more than one from me. Unknown to me, trying to give another one means taking the first one away so i am sorry. I will be back here in an hour just so I can give you that.

You are a real help to a real problem that is existing in this world.
I am a swahili speaker so it has been a long journey to get to write a full sentence like i am now and would have been very hard for me to post if i had a really really bad english.

I still rarely speak in public due to my accent as i now live in Canada but from Kenya in Africa
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 08:01:41 PM by jackg »

Offline Maus0728

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2018, 09:24:12 AM »
Hi and welcome BitPro,
Both Fit to Talk and Bitcoin Talk use SMF, so there will be a lot of similarities. Theymos has customised BT quite a lot, so this forum will have a lot of the features missing.
What happened to the work in progress bitcointalk forum? Are there any news about that?

Offline jackg

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2018, 01:45:13 PM »
Hi and welcome BitPro,
Both Fit to Talk and Bitcoin Talk use SMF, so there will be a lot of similarities. Theymos has customised BT quite a lot, so this forum will have a lot of the features missing.
What happened to the work in progress bitcointalk forum? Are there any news about that?

I'm not entirely sure anything has happened with it recently .
beta.bitcointalk.org went down because of the ddos and I don't think it's coming back for a while.

I'm not entirely sure why they wanted a new forum software, the old one was quite nice, and had everything we needed in it as far as I ccan tell.
I think it's called epochetalk if you want to find it (they're on github - although the only thing I can find when googling it is a thread on bct meta I created so...).

Offline Maus0728

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2018, 04:59:13 AM »
I'm not entirely sure why they wanted a new forum software, the old one was quite nice, and had everything we needed in it as far as I ccan tell.
Maybe because they are now being fed up with an old looking forum even though we it has everything that we needed. Being in a new ambience can boost other members desire to post wity quality. Maybe lol ;D