Author Topic: Have you created a Wordpress blog?  (Read 549 times)

Offline Talk Merit

Have you created a Wordpress blog?
« on: April 30, 2018, 09:43:38 PM »
I didn't really get on with Wordpress, but I've started a couple using b2evolution. That comes from the same origins as Wordpress.

Offline Fedora

Re: Have you created a Wordpress blog?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 04:12:41 AM »
I like Wordpress so much but I hated it in the begin haha!

Wordpress is a great option. You can personalise it as you want.  :)

Online jackg

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 02:54:05 PM »
Hi Fedora! Great start here already just one small correction I can think of.

I like Wordpress so much but I hated it in the beginbeginning haha!

Wordpress is a great option. You can personalise it as you want.  :)

Personally, I never got past the hate part when it comes to WordPress (although I really enjoy coding so that's probably why).

Anyway, great start here!

Offline Fedora

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 06:39:00 PM »
Thanks for the correction. I appreciate it.

Offline Talk Merit

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 09:02:33 AM »
Wordpress was spawned from the old B2 blogging platform. B2evolution was another fork from B2, and I prefer that to Wordpress, although it isn't as popular, and it doesn't have as many addons and templates.

Offline sunriseme

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 09:31:25 PM »
I did have a Wordpress blog during 2014-2016 and it was very nice to use.
It was good exercise at that time, it helped me learn and really liked their numerous themes and possibilities to personalize content. During that time I was also editing another site in Joomla and to be honest I do prefer the latter over Wordpress.

Offline Fedora

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 10:03:35 PM »
Someday I'll give a chance to Joomla... someday. :P

Offline Talk Merit

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2018, 10:12:17 AM »
How are you Fedora? The news from Venezuela doesn't look too good, are you able to talk about it?

Offline Fedora

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2018, 09:49:31 PM »
Here, things only get worse as the days go by. I prefer not to talk much about it, I do not want problems. Yes, it is self-censorship but I have learned that it is better that way.

Offline Talk Merit

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2018, 08:19:01 AM »
When are we going to talk you into looking at Bitcoin and crypto? There are a few of your countrymen ( and women) posting in the Bitcoin Talk forum.

Online jackg

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2018, 10:25:39 PM »
I'm not entirely sure whether Bitcoin is a good idea for someone living in a country with a government like yours.

I would say though that buying of foreign currency, if not bitcoin, is probably not a bad idea (even buying gold) to distribute your assets a bit.

Althuogh there is said to be quite a boost in the bitcoin buying front there so you might be able to blend in with the whales who are trying to buy it.

Offline khatarnak

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2018, 07:36:22 PM »
which one you mean? Cms or blogging subdomains ?
answer is yes , ive used wordpress as cms for years and i think its not good for now.
wordpress is a suitable target for hackers because of many bugs it has and it goes even worst when someone new installs  plugins too.
this days Static site generators(ssg) are the best and secure choice for bloging .
if you want to know more about them you can check jekyll or my favorite hugo. (hugo seems like revolution on the build time)

Online jackg

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2018, 07:14:29 PM »
I'm assuming you're a trainee English writer here so I'll offer up a couple of corrections for you even though your English is quite well written and understandable at least.

which one do you mean? Cms or blogging subdomains (do you mean "services" here ?
The answer is yes , I've used wordpress as cms for years and i think its not good for now.
Wordpress is a suitable target for hackers because of the many bugs it has and it goes even worst worse when someone new installs  plugins too.
this these days Static site generators(ssg) are the best and secure choice for blogging .
If you want to know more about them you can check jekyll or my favourite hugo. (hugo seems like revolution on the build time)

Favorite is correct as is however, I'm English so I do prefer favourite (favorite is American).
This was my thought about wordpress too. It's probably easier to hack somone's account there and it is quite an outdated system they're using as it has been running the same UI for quite a while.

Offline Talk Merit

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2018, 10:09:28 AM »
I've been experimenting with a wide range of CMS - probably about half of the ones in the Softaculous installer, and many of them are quite stunning for free software. I use responsive templates for static sites to help with domain name sales, but I don't bother to test them in all browsers, and that may be a mistake.

I'm using a combination for the new dog training site that I'm working on with Helana. I uses Mate from Uldeck for the landing page - this is a Bootstrap 4 based template with a parallax background, and I use B2Evolutionfor the blog, forum and articles. I felt that this gave me the best options for including affiliate advertising, and a simplified structure for joint development and maintenance.

The site is still embryonic, so I shouldn't really be posting links yet, but if you are interested, this is the home page.
http://earlydogtraining.com/

Offline khatarnak

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2018, 10:04:56 PM »
I'm assuming you're a trainee English writer here so I'll offer up a couple of corrections for you even though your English is quite well written and understandable at least.

Favorite is correct as is however, I'm English so I do prefer favourite (favorite is American).
This was my thought about wordpress too. It's probably easier to hack somone's account there and it is quite an outdated system they're using as it has been running the same UI for quite a while.

thank you man,for time and effort you put on this. (7 correction)
i had problem about this part too( I've used wordpress as cms for years) is it correct?i was thinking about for the/a years

it is realy helpful to know differences between american and british english too.
maybe another topic needed to focus on it.

I've been experimenting with a wide range of CMS - probably about half of the ones in the Softaculous installer, and many of them are quite stunning for free software. I use responsive templates for static sites to help with domain name sales, but I don't bother to test them in all browsers, and that may be a mistake.

I'm using a combination for the new dog training site that I'm working on with Helana. I uses Mate from Uldeck for the landing page - this is a Bootstrap 4 based template with a parallax background, and I use B2Evolutionfor the blog, forum and articles. I felt that this gave me the best options for including affiliate advertising, and a simplified structure for joint development and maintenance.

The site is still embryonic, so I shouldn't really be posting links yet, but if you are interested, this is the home page.
http://earlydogtraining.com/

Its good idea for site but i think you are doing it wrong.
The tamplate you choose is company site tamplate and doesnt seem good for your job.
You just need a minimal blog with a Q&A section(comments will do it too)
It depends mostly on your knowledge but even a githubblog could be enough for you.
It takes a little time but i recommend you too check the better tamplates for it.
Remember the simplest your site be its better for real visitors and readers . content is what realy matters + some backlink in future.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 10:15:21 PM by khatarnak »