Author Topic: Sniffing salt - how low can it get  (Read 379 times)

Offline Jet Cash

Sniffing salt - how low can it get
« on: May 13, 2018, 11:28:49 AM »
I'm in a McDonalds restaurant, and I've just been told that they no longer make straws or salt available on the condiment trolley. You have to ask for them at the serving counter. It seems that there ia a new trend that had been adopted by some of the kids. They are sniffing salt through the straws.  I'm not sure what sort of a buzz you can get from sniffing salt, but I'm sure that it is going to destroy the nasal passages if it is done too often.

Offline loicuagio

Re: Sniffing salt - how low can it get
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 01:59:54 PM »
I don't think so. I have heard that it's just because of "plastic ban train" which has just taken effect in UK in May 1st. McDonald is a giant and they normally adhere the regulations
Regards

Offline jackg

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 10:57:34 PM »
I think is is a combination of the two mentioned above.

The plastic straws ban is obviously an issue (although their cups have a hole for straws so it's pretty useless to get a drink from them and try to drink it nay other way - without taking the lid off).

Also, it's probably more related to kids thinking that drugs are a "cool" thing to do.

Offline Talk Merit

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 08:01:18 AM »
I had a word with the manager yesterday, and it seems that none of the above was the primary motivation. The kids are using the straws to fire 'spit balls' at the ceiling, and they are a real nuisance to clean off.