Author Topic: It's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle.  (Read 134 times)

Offline Jet Cash

The full quote is attributed to Jesus - "It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven". On the face of it, it seems to be a ridiculous statement. However there is a gateway into the city of Jerusalem called ' The eye of the needle', and it is particularly narrow and difficult to negotiate. It is not impossible to lead a camel through this gateway, but it does require a fair bit of careful manoeuvering and persuasion for the camel to pass through the gateway.

Offline loicuagio

Re: It's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 02:27:46 AM »
I don't know how to say but thank you guy for your knowledge. I am trying to understand its figurative meaning but it seems to be very difficult. You know, it's just because of culture differences which is not easily bridged in some days, some months...However, I shall try my best to figure this sentence out soon.
Regards

Offline bisdak40

Re: It's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 12:48:11 AM »
"It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven".
I have heard of this many times during mass and until these days i thought that "eye of the needle" is just a figure of speech until i saw this one. Never have imagined that "eye of the needle" really exist.

Wow, i think the more i stay here, the more i will learn from you @Jetcash. My native language is not English but will try my best to learn more from you in this forum.