Author Topic: A lot of people have built up massive credit card debts.  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Talk Merit

• Meritocrat
  • Administrator
  • Co-owner
    • Talk Merit
A lot of people have built up massive credit card debts.
« on: April 11, 2018, 10:21:08 AM »
How do you think they can reduce it, or do you think it isn't worth bothering?

Offline The Pharmacist

• Tutor
  • Trainee
Re: A lot of people have built up massive credit card debts.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 08:10:00 PM »
My suggestion would be one I live by myself:  give up credit cards altogether.  If I can't pay cash for something, I don't buy it. 

I ran into a bunch of trouble years ago with credit cards, and it took me a long time to dig my way out.  I was young, stupid, and irresponsible at the time and was buying things I didn't need, and with money that turned out to be extremely expensive.  Never again.

Offline NadiaHel

• Trainee
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 09:40:57 PM »
I am proud to say that in my whole life I have never had any credit card. I have no debts at all, but, of course, I have never bought something that wasn`t important to me.
As a woman, I can see most of my female friends buying stuff they don`t even need, as make-up or clothes they don`t even wear once. I am a different kind of person and my whole life I`ve been scared about carrying any debt in my back.

Every time a bank gives me a call offering some kind of credit "opportunity" I point them outright to hell.

Offline Cobalt

• Trainee
    • Signature Designer
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 10:54:24 PM »
I am proud to say that in my whole life I have never had any credit card. I have no debts at all, but, of course, I have never bought something that wasn`t important to me.
As a woman, I can see most of my female friends buying stuff they don`t even need, as make-up or clothes they don`t even wear once. I am a different kind of person and my whole life I`ve been scared about carrying any debt in my back.

Every time a bank gives me a call offering some kind of credit "opportunity" I point them outright to hell.
hahaha the last part was hilarious.
I don't have any credit or debit card but would like to have one debit I will only use it for emergency like cashing out money in times of need. But in my experience I feel uneasy if I own a debt to someone although I still think that having a debit card can save you in times of trouble like if you are roaming around from place to place or city to city as I intend to do in the future.